Citation: Midwest Hoss. "Short Jolts for Me: experience with Anadenanthera peregrina (ID 32520)". Erowid.org. Jun 14, 2007. erowid.org/exp/32520
The primary materials I use are: the tin exterior of a tea lite candle, and a rock.
1. Over a lit candle, I put one anadenanthera seed in the tea lite tin. I hold this tin with pliers.
2. I wait for that seed to either expand in size, or pop and then put it off to the side.
3. Repeat for as many seeds as needed.
4. After getting 3-4 expanded seeds, I carefully remove the outer shell.
5. The inside should still be a yellow or off white color. I grind the yellow seeds up, until they are a fine powder.
6. Enjoy my Yopo.
With 1-2 seeds, I use it much like the Yanomamo tribe at times of hunting, as a stimulant. One or two seeds is just enough to get me going for a short period of time, and also puts me at ease. For me, it is like a calm jolt of energy.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid.