Take 3 minutes to write a review of Erowid
There Is No Spoon
Oxycodone (Percocet)
by Apshai
Citation:   Apshai. "There Is No Spoon: An Experience with Oxycodone (Percocet) (ID 30488)". Erowid.org. Nov 12, 2007. erowid.org/exp/30488

DOSE: T+ 0:00 5.0 mg oral Pharms - Oxycodone (pill / tablet)
  T+ 3:00 5.0 mg oral Pharms - Oxycodone (pill / tablet)
  T+ 8:00 5.0 mg oral Pharms - Oxycodone (pill / tablet)
  T+ 13:00 5.0 mg oral Pharms - Oxycodone (pill / tablet)
  T+ 17:30 5.0 mg oral Pharms - Oxycodone (pill / tablet)

Some background info. I started out taking Percocet about a year ago but I have remained in fear of the drug and what it can do to a person. I started out taking only 2.5mg (1/2 of a 5mg percocet) at a time. One at about 5:30am while I am getting ready for work, one about an hour after lunch and one around 4:30pm. I remained at this dosage for probably 8 months and I found no need to do any more than this but I decided to try a little more since I had the money and the drugs. After over a year of use, I still take no more than 10mg a time and never more than 30mg a day. I still get the same high, same feeling and same euphoria associated with this class of drugs.

My special friend who gets them for me has a warrant out for her so I decided I had better stock up in case she gets busted. She sells other stuff but I don't mess with OxyContin or Morphone -- too powerful for me. Anyway, I scored 30 generic 5mg Percocets of various manufacturers (512's, Endo 602's and 54-543's) as well as 100 name brand percocet 10's (10/325) and she threw in 1 free OxyContin 10, 20, and a 40, determined to get me hooked on a higher dosage no doubt -- I'm no dummy so I will give them away to a friend I know who likes them very much. Anyway today I decided to push my limits since I had such a hellish week at work. I have been assigned a new project which is a total mess. Here's how today panned out.

5(am) T-Zero

T-0 5mg Percocet.
Within 10 minutes the high kicked in and I woke up quickly from my morning slumber. This is one of the reasons I like the drug so much is it's 'speed' effect it has on me. I am a Obsessive Compulsive person with many rituals in the morning. Euphoria really starts my day out nicely.

T+1hr
Feeling great and head into work. I love driving and no one pisses me off when I'm on percs.

[Erowid Note: Driving while intoxicated or tripping is dangerous and irresponsible because it endangers other people. Don't do it!]

8am
I take another 5mg. Feeling great. I also have Social Anxiety and the drug makes me very socialable and friendly towards others. Note I do not take any other meds for OC or SAD. I used to but they made me tired.

Lunch was at 12:00 so at 1:00 I took another 5mg. Wow, it kicked in quickly this time. I normally don't take this dose, and I was feeling great - very wired and very happy. I waited an hour for my food to settle.

Came home and took 1/2 of one of the percocet 10's at 6pm and commenced cleaning the house (another one of my OCD things) - Opiods make any movement seem fluid-like and wonderful. I truely found a way to enjoy my little quirks :)

At 10:30 I took the last half which was too much for me. Within 10 minutes I felt naucious and laid down for a few minutes. Then the nausea went away and I felt fine again but VERY 'stoned'. I knew this was too much for me but still within my threshold so I figured 'what the hell'. Well that was 3 hours ago now and I still feel awesome, getting ready to go to bed now and wanted to give a report.

I do know I am mentally addicted to it, compounded by the fear of my OCD and SAD and not wanting to go back to feeling shy and a workaholic in solitude but I am NOT phsycially dependent on it and I attribute that to moderation and fear of the substance. I have gone without it for weeks and even an entire month with no bad reactions or withdrawls but of course I wished I could have been the social butterfly I am when I am on it.

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 30488