Dear Erowid Readers: We're a small nonprofit that runs the top drug information website in the world. We have only 4 staff but serve 12 million users, and have costs like any big website: servers, power, office space, programs, and staff. To protect our independence, we don't run ads or take government funds. If everyone reading this gave $3, our fundraising would be done today. If Erowid is useful to you, take a minute to keep it online and ad-free another year!
Donate by Bitcoin
Be Cautious Using This Substance
Fentanyl
by philadelfium
Citation:   philadelfium. "Be Cautious Using This Substance: An Experience with Fentanyl (ID 29958)". Erowid.org. Feb 26, 2004. erowid.org/exp/29958

DOSE: 40 ml IV Pharms - Fentanyl (liquid)

Ive been using heroin for several years intravenously and have a daily habit of approx. 5 bags. One day I couldnt get my hands on any dope and someone I live with who has a persription for fentanyl patches gave me one to ease the withdrawl symptoms.

When worn on the skin correctly fentanyl patches take several hours to start working, so I squeezed the gel inside the patch directly into the resovoir of my insulin needle by taking the plunger out of the back. when I administered the fentanyl iv I remember a very strong taste when I hit the plunger and took the blast. I dont even remember taking the works out of my arm after I took the shot, after that, all I know was what I've been told by my family who called 911 when the found me. in the ambulence paramedics gave me a shot of narcon which brought me back. I was told I almost died that day. The person who gave me the patch died last week from a fentanyl overdose administered intravenously. To anyone about to take the blast or shoot a fentanyl patch be careful, because it could be your last. ~r. I. p. M. casper~

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 29958