It's Erowid's September Public Support Drive!
September is our annual public support drive, when we ask YOU to join with the community to support reliable, independent drug information and help us get more unique contributors than ever before in a single month. [details]

Donate by Bitcoin
Bluish-Green
Zolpidem (Ambien), Barbiturates (Butalbital) & Alcohol
by Kritikal
Citation:   Kritikal. "Bluish-Green: An Experience with Zolpidem (Ambien), Barbiturates (Butalbital) & Alcohol (ID 28269)". Erowid.org. Oct 19, 2007. erowid.org/exp/28269

DOSE: 10 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)
  3 shots oral Alcohol - Hard (liquid)
  5.0 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)
  1 tablet oral Barbiturates (pill / tablet)

It was Sunday, one which I barely remember anything of. I'm 17. It all started at about 7:00PM, when I found some pills in our house. I had been quite interested in drugs for a while now. I smoked marijuana a few times with friends, and I had been drinking alcohol about once a week. I always research, thoroughly, the substance I intend to experiment with. And many I don't. The dose is most likely off, and many details gone, because of the amnesia.

Now, I hate alcohol, it's quite degrading. But, at the time, I didn't mind getting a little drunk. Here's how it all started: I opened the bottle of Ambien 5mg's, and downed 2 of them with some water. Walked downstairs, opened a bottle of Gin, and drank some of that. Now, for whatever reason possessed me to do this stupid move. I walked back upstairs, opened the bottle of Ambien, took another 5mg. Next, I opened up a bottle of Fioricet I found, and took an unknown amount of those. I think one tablet.

I went outside to wait for the effects to come on. I started walking around the neighborhood. I had a flashlight to play with, and it was a little dark. I started shoving it in my face and moving it around thinking about how cool it looked, then I noticed what I was doing and stopped. I looked up, and everything was blue-ish green. Now, I thought this was quite cool, but I figured it was because I was shoving a flashlight in my face. It continued to be this color for a few hours! Somehow I managed to walk home, noting that my there were no hills in my neighborhood. But there is.

I got inside, and I was running into everything. One of my family members noticed, and asked me if I had taken anything, and I told them I had taken Benadryl. I don't know why I said that, but there was a new package of it sitting on the table, and I was probably just reading it. They proceeded to take me to the hospital. Of course, I didn't need to go to the hospital, but I didn't care about that. We got to the hospital, they gave me electrodes and put a needle in to my arm. They were talking about doing some strange procedure to get the pills out of me. Now, I didn't have enough of anything to need this, and I told them that repeatedly. Well, it turned out that they decided against this, and told me to urinate in a bottle, during which they closed the shades around my bed in the hospital. I proceeded to urinate. Not exactly on target, I suppose, because they were replacing the sheets and cleaning off the bed when I was done. After that, they told me my alcohol level, and showed me a piece of paper that said I had tested positive for barbituates. Then we left.

At approximately 12:00AM, back at home, I was lectured for hours, which I didn't really care about. Now it's two months later, and quite a few more substances later, and I still love drugs. I'm fascinated by them, and their effects.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 28269