Glass molecule with $125 donation
Contribute $125 and get a great Solstmas gift for you or a friend!
(Psilocybin, MDMA, Mescaline, DMT, Caffeine, Serotonin, or LSD)
Smoke on the Water
Leonotis leonurus (Wild Dagga) 25x extract & Tobacco
by TimD
Citation:   TimD. "Smoke on the Water: An Experience with Leonotis leonurus (Wild Dagga) 25x extract & Tobacco (ID 26864)". Erowid.org. Sep 16, 2003. erowid.org/exp/26864

DOSE: 1 cig. smoked Leonotis leonurus (extract)
  1 cig. smoked Tobacco - Cigarettes (leaves)

I had tried numerous marijuana alternatives in an attempts to find something different, and prior to this, all i got was foul smelling/tasting wads of random unspecified green crap.

I ordered some dagga flowers and 25x extract from Mazatec Garden, and was quite pleased with what I saw. I had no stems/leaves in my flowers, and my extract smelled like flowers, quite different from other internet suppliers.

I had smoked some flower with small bits of extract in it in a joint (not the most efficient way to consume, I know), and I had experienced some relaxation and pressure under my eyes, like being stoned, and only a mild sense of euphoria.

A few minutes ago I tried a different approach. This time, since I dont have a pipe as of now, I took a small piece of the tar extract and rolled it into a cylinder about half an inch long and a little less than a millimeter thick. I took a Camel Exotic Blend Cigarette (Beach Breezer Flavor), because tobacco as with alcohol and weed intensify the effects, and with a one-sided Q-tip, I pushed in the 'non-swab' side to make a hole in the tobacco so I could slide in the cylinder of ectract. Simple enough.

I went to my normal spot, the Harvard Bridge (I'm a BU student and its right behind my building). I had smoked my dagga here before because of its beautiful setting- lights reflecting off of the tranquil waters of the CHarles River. I stand in the middle of the bridge with water on either side of me.

As I light up, I can taste the flowery Dagga extract. Not harsh at all. I took a few big hits and held them in. The hits contained both tobacco and the smoke from the extract (at least I THINK the extract burned with the tobacco!)

Within a few hits, the glowing extract 'stick' fell off my cig and down into the river. Oh well, it was spent anyway...nothing I could do. I finished the cig.

Halfway down the cig I got quite a buzz. I felt the buzzy lightness of marijuana. I was in a pleasant state of mind...for about 2 minutes.

I finished off the cig, hoping it would bring me even further. As I threw it down into the river, I felt a queesiness in my stomach. Ouch...

Symptoms:
No more nice buzz
Sweaty Palms
Slight Dizziness and Stomach Turning as with the first time I inhaled a cigarette.

I dry heaved off the bridge a couple times, finally bringing up some water from my stomach. Yuck. Good thing no one saw. I sat down for bit and allowed the cool breeze to cool me off. I felt better and walked home.

The interesting thing is that I experienced no pressure under my eyes...the telltale sign of the Lion's Tail working. Maybe I didn't get any of the smoke, maybe it wasn't hot enough. If you ask me, I think this good gone bad experience had to do with the fact that I held in tobacco smoke so long, and I'm not a smoker. For now I will attribute the bad portion to the tobacco and the good portion to the Dagga, seeing as I have never gotten such a feeling from tobacco.

So I will try this with Dagga flowers, extract, and out of a pipe, and I'll bring some pepto bismol along for the ride just in case.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 26864