Help Erowid win a 2014 Nonprofit Award!
...by rating and reviewing us at Great Nonprofits
The Nostril Burn
Amitriptyline
by 8 Ball
Citation:   8 Ball. "The Nostril Burn: An Experience with Amitriptyline (ID 26461)". Erowid.org. Jun 16, 2007. erowid.org/exp/26461

DOSE: 50 mg insufflated Pharms - Amitriptyline (ground / crushed)

It was a Wednesday night and I was extremely bored after guitar lesson and school. I decided to go through the medicine cabinet to look for codeine but instead found Amitriptyline. I looked to make sure the coast was clear and I took 2 25 mg tablets. I went into my room and crushed them up because I planned to snort them but had a lot of trouble breaking them. It took about 10 minutes but they were both powder now.

I planned to snort them near bedtime cause I had realized they would make me sleepy. I took a shower (its now 8:45) and got ready for bed. Now I arranged the powder in two lines. I snorted one with one nostril and it burned the worst iv ever had a pill burn before. God it sucked. I decided to snort the other one still with my other nostril and it once again burned. I made sure it was all in my nose and went back in my room and turned on techno.

The drip didnít taste very bad if I can remember right but my throat became very sore. My nose still kind of burned but it was also warm and numb when I breathed through it so I enjoyed that. I was becoming very drowsy now (8:55-9:00) and when I would walk around I would completely forget I was walking. I lay down and waved a glow stick in front of my face and the trails were very cool. I then realized it was on the 3rd song and each song is about 5 minutes. I had thought about a minute had passed.

I was even more tired now and I decided to close my eyes and listen to the music. Before I knew it the cd was over in what seemed like about 5 minutes. The cd is 50 minutes long. In this time I think I drifted in and out of consciousness and I remember being very deep in thought. I then immediately fell asleep when I realized the cd was over.

The next day I woke up late for school and was very tired. My nose was stuffed up, my throat hurt, and my whole body felt fatigues like I had the flu. this lasted most of the day.

Overall it was an ok experience.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 26461