Against the drug war but not sure what to do about it?
Join Erowid and help us spread accurate, independent information.
Extremely High Dose of Kavalactones
Kava (extract) & Clonazepam
by Am Duirmott
Citation:   Am Duirmott. "Extremely High Dose of Kavalactones: An Experience with Kava (extract) & Clonazepam (ID 24960)". Erowid.org. Jan 12, 2007. erowid.org/exp/24960

DOSE: T+ 0:00 15 mg oral Pharms - Clonazepam (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:00 800 mg oral Kava (liquid)
  T+ 0:30 1200 mg oral Kava (liquid)

I take 6mg of clonazepam daily, so the 15mg dose I took this morning was kid's stuff. I decided to purchase a bottle of kava extract (40% kavalactones, app. 2000mg kavalactones per bottle). I tried 800mg kavalactones and, pleased with the mild anxiolytic, euphoric, and very strong muscle relaxant effects that were brought on after about 30 minutes, I decided to down the rest of the bottle.

T=0:10
Anxiolytic effects more pronounced; euphoria and muscle relaxation still moderately strong, but not changed since the 800mg kavalactone dose.

T=0:20
Feeling VERY sociable (a wonderful feeling for a social phobic such as myself); euphoria much stronger; muscle relaxation has practically turned my legs to jello. No cognitive dulling of any sort.

T=0:30
Effects continuing from 10 minutes ago, though exponentially stronger. I feel as if I could take on the world, if I could just make my muscles work properly, lol!

T=0:45
Just one thing to say--how can this stuff be legal???!!!!

T=1:00
Not much change from the 30 minute mark, aside from some pronounced OEV's, CEV's, and an almost LSD-like distortion in spacial perceptions.

T=5:00
The effects haven't subsided in the least in the past four hours, and I hope they never do!

~Anxiety level (1-10) -- 0; very disinhibited, in fact.
~Muscle relaxation (1-10) -- 10; and this is saying something, considering that not even Flexeril, Soma, Elavil, or Zanaflex have helped with my fibromyalgia.
~Pain relief (1-10) -- 10; I had a moderate headache before taking this, as well as the constant muscle-aches I deal with day to day. All eradicated.
~Hypnotic effect (1-10) -- 1; I don't feel sleepy in the least. In fact, I feel mildly stimulated.
~Aphrodisiac effect (1-10) -- 10!!! Jerking off was quite an experience, lol.

T=8:00
Still feeling the effects strongly, though the hallucinations have subsided just recently.

T=12:00
Most effects subsided, except for moderate muscle relaxation, anxiolysis, and pain relief.

T=15:00