More than 2 million people use Erowid every month...
but only 100 of those contribute financially.
If you use Erowid, PLEASE DONATE!
I Can See Why It Is So Addictive
Hydromorphone
by ILLadvised
Citation:   ILLadvised. "I Can See Why It Is So Addictive: An Experience with Hydromorphone (ID 21315)". Erowid.org. Feb 14, 2003. erowid.org/exp/21315

DOSE: T+ 0:00 2.0 mg insufflated Hydromorphone (powder / crystals)
  T+ 0:10 2.0 mg insufflated Hydromorphone (powder / crystals)

I noticed you did not have any experiences on hydromorphone, and since this is the first time I have done this particular drug, I would submit a report.

I obtained a 4mg pill of hydromorphone from an undisclosed location, and chopped it up into a fine powder.

I snorted 2mg of the substance. No burn.

I wait 10 min.. And feel I am breathing slower.. And my hands are clammy and there is a sense of being wanted, and I just nod and take in everything around me as being good.

I tell people exactly what I am thinking, and am generally pleased so far. So I decide to insufflate the last 2mg.

I am in a NOD now.. It feels so good to sit and enjoy the moment, it is not close to oxycontin feelings or hydrocodone, I would relate this high to heroin, to the best of my knowledge, and everything is A ok in my book.

This high is incredible, and I am slightly itching my arms, and the back of my kneecaps itch a little bit.

Iíve noticed there is a large amount of clamminess feeling to this drug, I prefer an oxycontin high to this, I'm more stimulated on that and europhic beyond pleasure.. This is bliss indeed, but in a whole different way.

I would recommend any opiate lover to try this once, or twice. But I can see strong reason why it is so addictive.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 21315