Support Erowid by starting your Amazon shopping through this page!
24 Hours of Insanity
5-MeO-AMT, Alcohol, Zolpidem & Carisoprodol
by fireal
Citation:   fireal. "24 Hours of Insanity: An Experience with 5-MeO-AMT, Alcohol, Zolpidem & Carisoprodol (ID 20869)". Erowid.org. Feb 16, 2004. erowid.org/exp/20869

DOSE: 10 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)
  700 mg oral Pharms - Carisoprodol (pill / tablet)
  5 glasses oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine (liquid)
  12 mg oral 5-MeO-AMT (powder / crystals)

It was a pretty normal night in my apartment. I was having trouble sleeping, so I took one 10 mg ambien pill and 2 somas but for some reason I could not get any sleep so I started drinking some beers. After a couple hours of buzzing I decided that sleep was impossible that night and I should just give up and take a trip. In my inebriated state I pulled out a vial of 5-MeO-AMT, a substance I have never tried and poured out about the same amount that I would ingest of 5-MeO-DiPT, about 12-15mg.

Unfortunately I didn't know that 5-MeO-AMT is considerably more potent than 5-MeO-DiPT and I certainly paid for my own stupidity. After a couple hours of coming up I finally passed out. I woke up at about 7 am finally realizing that I had made a huge mistake. I had ingested about 3 times the amount recommended in TIHKAL and I was suddenly tripping harder than I ever have in my life. The only hallucinogens I have ever taken are mushrooms and 5-MeO-DiPT so I was very freaked out by the effects of this substance. The whole room was swirling and dissolving before my eyes and everything I saw seemed to shift and breathe. There was no way I was getting back to sleep so I just lay in bed and stared at the ceiling for hours trying to keep the trip under control. I was still having massive visuals until about 2pm, and minor visuals until 10pm that night, about the same time I took the substance the previous night. Everyone I looked at seemed to morph and distort so I just stayed in my room all day. I had an irrational fear that I would get HPPD and never stop tripping but finally the effects started to wear off and that night a big slug of nyquil knocked me out.

I definitely learned a lot from this experience. Never take a new chemical when you are drunk or high on something, and never underestimate the power of 5-MeO-AMT. It could be the LSD of the next generation but must be used with extreme caution. Just because something is temporarily legal does not mean that it is safe or healthy. I probably will take this again in the future but I will definitely take it sober and ready for 24 hours of solid insanity.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 20869