Donate to Erowid with Cryptocurrency
We take Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies to support practical information about
psychoactive drugs. A great way to donate without lots of fees. Contribute a bit today!
Morning Glory Horror Story
Morning Glory Seeds (Heavenly Blue)
by Hella Clean
Citation:   Hella Clean. "Morning Glory Horror Story: An Experience with Morning Glory Seeds (Heavenly Blue) (ID 1739)". Erowid.org. Jul 18, 2001. erowid.org/exp/1739

DOSE: 7.5 g oral Morning Glory (seeds)

After reading about the potential trip with morning glory seeds, and not being able to get any shrooms to trip(I refuse to do LSD), I went to a store and bought 5 packages of seeds with a friend(we'll call her F). I crushed the seeds as best I could(at about 9:30-10:00pm) in a pill crusher and just chewed them up and swallowed. I watched a movie while I chewed them up and by the end of the movie, I was noticeably high.

F said she should leave, and by then, I was starting to lose control of my mind so I was okay with that. In fact, I was having a lot of fun by then. So F left and I went upstairs to my room and put on some music.

I was alone in my room and I started seeing the ceiling taking on a 4th dimension of texture and I enjoyed this immensely. At some point, I started giggling and talking to myself to see if I could explain what was happening to me. By now it was about 11:00.

I started seeing more visual hallucinations, but mild ones; just changes in texture on the wall, my arm, everything in my room. Tracers were apparent now, too.
I think at this point I just stopped talking to myself and watched the ceiling and the wall take on flower patterns from the 60's.

I tripped pretty peacefully until 2:00am, when I suddenly realized I needed to go to bed. I think at this point I started to semi-panic that I was still tripping and I didn't think I would ever come down. I took my blanket and pillow from my bed and dragged them downstairs onto the couch. I remember saying aloud: 'I need to go to bed' over and over again as if chanting it would make me fall asleep. It didn't. I looked up at the living room ceiling and noticed that the pattern of hallucination was now consistent and non-changing. I think this upset me because I liked seeing things change.

At some point, probably about 3:00 am, I caught myself NOT BREATHING. Imagine being preoccupied with panicking and suddenly realizing that you weren't breathing. My panic intensified and I tried to concentrate on breathing until it could become involuntary again. I think it was then that I started saying 'this was so stupid of me' and I started thinking I was going to die. I had visions of being taken to the hospital and having my family see me dying. This made me increasingly upset.

Sadly enough, I started thinking I needed to stop tripping and how I could do that. I started thinking about what could end this agony I was going through. I thought: 'well, I'm tripping so I probably won't hurt if I jump out of my second story window.' I just wanted to end the pain. Visions of knives in the kitchen popped in my head but I knew it would be a huge mistake so I continued to panic on the couch. ON A SIDE NOTE: I do not suffer from depression or any other mental disorder; yet I somehow thought of suicide during my trip!

Luckily, at some point I threw up on the floor, and I came back to reality for a few seconds. I remember realizing that I needed to call F to come and calm me down. I was somehow able to call her and she came over soon after. By this time, it was about 5:00am and I was still tripping on the damn seeds!!!!

F came and felt my head and said I had a fever. She got me some milk but I threw it right up. My poor body couldn't take the toxicity of the seeds and it couldn't take anything else, either. F made a bath for me and I sat down in the lukewarm water with my clothes on. I was still in a lot of agony, and now I'm not positive as to why that was. I think it's because my body was sick from all the seeds, and yet I couldn't feel it physically because I was tripping so I was feeling the sickness mentally. As odd as that sounds, I think that it was really what was going on.

I got out of the bathtub and dry heaved a little bit. It hurt a lot. I had nothing left to throw up. Then F asked if I was tired and I said, 'yes' so I walked to my bed(at about 6:00am) and slept for a good six hours. I woke up at 12:00, just thankful to be alive.

I've never been the same since. Sometimes I gag when I think about eating those seeds because the memory is so vivid. EVERY night, when I close my eyes, I STILL see a very faint visual pattern(and it's been about 3 months since I did it), and it freaks me out sometimes. Sometimes I wonder if being alone triggered the bad trip.

I haven't touched any drugs since then, and I don't plan on fucking with hallucinogens anytime soon, if at all. So here's some advice: NEVER trip alone, and stay away from plants if you don't know the side affects ahead of time. If you're going to trip, choose the ever-popular and relatively mild psychedelic mushroom or go for synthetics, and keep the dosages down. I realized after this trip that I have an EXTREMELY low tolerance to drugs.

I hope you all can learn from my experience and stay away from Morning Glories.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 1739