Take 3 minutes to write a review of Erowid
A Chill, Exotic High
Opium
by Acid Queen
Citation:   Acid Queen. "A Chill, Exotic High: An Experience with Opium (ID 1639)". Erowid.org. Sep 11, 2000. erowid.org/exp/1639

DOSE:   smoked Opium

I ended up smoking about 3 grams of opium over a period of 3 days. I was very eager to try the stuff, because it seemed so sensual and exotic. Overall, it was nice, but I'm not very impressed. (I wish I had spent the cash on LSD, but it's scarce where I live.) It was smoked with a bit of low-grade cannabis in a heavily resinated glass pipe. At first, we attempted to chip the (processed) opium rocks to the consistency of cocaine, but after a while we just tossed small rocks into the bowl. The smoke has a very appealing floral taste and smell, and is hazy blue in color.

I felt very at ease and relaxed, and quite high. My body felt heavy, like my skin was covered with honey. The beauty of nature was enhanced, and nightime lights got a lovely, sparkly appearance. The vibes among my group got warmer, and there was no hostility among us, even between fighting couples. Smoking the opium at night was ideal, and we stayed at a friend's lakehouse. Cruising the lake in his ski boat was a plus and definitely enhanced the experience. The only downer was that after a while the opium made everyone pretty sleepy. The dreams I had those nights were very beautiful and intense. All in all, it was a nice high, but not so nice that I would buy it more than every once in a while.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 1639