Shaman Women, Plant Medicine, & Psychedelics Salon
This event will examine different ways that power can be misused in ceremonies that use plants as sacraments, and practical steps that participants can take to protect themselves.
Vancouver Canada, Nov 14 - 15, 2014
Working on 4-Methylaminorex
4-Methylaminorex
by maison
Citation:   maison. "Working on 4-Methylaminorex: An Experience with 4-Methylaminorex (ID 15935)". Erowid.org. Jul 10, 2002. erowid.org/exp/15935

DOSE: 20 mg insufflated 4-Methylaminorex (powder / crystals)

10:10 AM: 20 mgs 4methylaminorex insuf

After finishing my morning phone conference, I opened up a gel cap that a friend had brought up for me. It was labeled 20 mgs and I didn't brother to reweigh it. A straw shoved into the cap allowed me to insufflate the majority of it, but a few crystals were too large to want to be picked up by a little nose suction so they were crushed with a knife and insufflated from a plate. Both powder and the crystals were slightly off white. The tasted was not awful and the pain from insufflation not significant.

Within 30 minutes I was a little buzzy. This was advertised as the champagne of speed and I've never taken speed so it is hard to tell if this is what to expect. There was a small amount of jaw tension and little clenching of the teeth and a bit more happiness than is usual for me. I think I'll take a shower. When I'm done, I'll make a to-do list and see if this can really push me through alot of work.

I met a lover for lunch at noon. On the sunny walk there I noticed I was doing more smiling at strangers than usual, just generally feeling quite happy. Some work thoughts, things that I would do when I got back from lunch flowed through my head, but didn't stick very well. Lunch was very enjoyable, we had deep and pleasant conversations, the sort that I'd expect from a light dose of mdma perhaps. Although to be clear, the fond feelings caused by the fact that this dose was given to me by a dear friend who I miss could well account for my happiness on it.

Tried to get back to work when I returned and found it difficult. What I do for a living is a combination of software development, and project management. The parts of the work that required more human interaction: discussing project plans with people, writing emails, and so forth, I found to be very easy. The more analytical tasks: system architecture, software development and design, etc, I found to be more difficult than usual and I ended up putting them off.

The rest of the day was unremarkable except for a bit of zippiness and a bit of happiness above and beyond my normal baseline joy. I stayed up fairly late picking a friend up at the airport and found driving to be no problem. Finished off the evening with a vodka tonic.

Over all I would classify this as a fun but subtle substance suitable for encouraging tasks like creative writing but not so good for more analytical tasks.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 15935