Donate to Erowid with Cryptocurrency
We take Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies to support practical information about
psychoactive drugs. A great way to donate without lots of fees. Contribute a bit today!
Methadone can be Hell
Methadone
by TheSpaceman
Citation:   TheSpaceman. "Methadone can be Hell: An Experience with Methadone (ID 15313)". Erowid.org. Mar 22, 2006. erowid.org/exp/15313

DOSE: T+ 0:00 30 mg oral Methadone (liquid)
  T+ 1:00 1 bowl smoked Cannabis

One day, I was bored and someone offered me some methadone. I had never tried it before, but was slightly experienced with other opiates, painkillers like oxycodone and hydrocodone. It was given to me in a liquid form. It was a foggy colored liquid and if it wasn't moved for a while white grains settled to the bottom. It was said to be 30mg and the person said it was a pretty good dose for a first timer.

I rented some movies that night, and cleaned up my room. At about 11pm, I prepared to take the methadone. I got a glass of milk and took the little bottle and poured its contents into my mouth. It had an odd, unpleasent taste. I gulped it down with some milk and got up and put in a movie. About 30 minutes later, I felt a nice, calm feeling, starting in my stomach as a pleseant buzz-like sensation. I started feeling happy and peaceful.

I was enjoying the movie, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. After about an hour, some slight nausea started to come on slowly. I then smoked a bowl of medium quality pot. It helped the nausea some, but not as much as I thought it would. It was about 1am and I put in the other movie i rented. The nausea was still there, but not very intense because I was high, as well as buzzing nicely from the methadone. The weed went pretty good with it. I was just sitting there enjoying the buzz. It was very pleasureful, almost sexual.

I started to get sleepy around 3 so I layed down and went to sleep. It was easy going to sleep, despite the nausea. I awoke at about 1pm. I still felt a strong presence of the opiate. In fact, it didn't even seem like it lost any intensity. The nausea was getting worse too. I got up feeling very tired. The pleasure part of the drug was taken over by the nauseating effects. I felt very sick, and went to the bathroom and threw up a lot and dry heaved for a few minutes. It was horrible, but I felt better when I was done.

I drank some water and about 5 minutes later the intense nausea was back. I threw up in my garbage can cause the nausea came back too quick for me to run to the bathroom. I threw up about 5 different times within 2 hours. The whole day I felt very tired and had a bad feeling in my stomach. I still felt the effects when I fell asleep late that night. It stays in the system much longer than opiates I was used to.

I will probably not do methadone again, or at least at this dose.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 15313