Erowid Needs Your End-of-the-Year Support
We're an educational non-profit dedicated to providing a balanced
examination of psychoactive drugs and drug use--to reduce harms,
improve benefits, and support appropriate policies. The site is made
possible by $5, $10, and $50 donations from visitors. Please pitch in!
Being Pulled into Oblivion
Salvia divinorum
by Anonymous
Citation:   Anonymous. "Being Pulled into Oblivion: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (ID 1133)". Erowid.org. Apr 16, 2001. erowid.org/exp/1133

DOSE: 0.25 bowls smoked Salvia divinorum (extract - 5x)

This is pretty much how it went:

12:00PM - I loaded my pipe about 1/4 full with salvia 5x extract and lit up. Before this experience I had tried a couple hits using a bit less, and I experienced no effects. But, this time was the breakthrough I guess.

I inhaled the smoke (it was VERY hot, but it's not too hard to inhale once you get used to it). After holding the smoke in for 15-20 seconds, I decided to go sit on my bed. I let the smoke out and immediately began to feel strange, as if I were outside of myself.

12:05PM - Soon, my vision began to turn 2D...I didn't really focus on anything while I was sitting down. My vision was a bit blurred. I kept staring wide-eyed at my dresser and all of a sudden, something started to pull me forward. There appeared to be a very subtle, indescribable path in front of me, like an airstrip, where I'm the plane waiting to take off. I kept feeling this force pulling me onto it, but I just stared in amazement and waited. It felt as if it wanted me to lie back and experience the whole shebang, but I refused to. A few seconds later I heard something say, 'Come with me,'...but still, I didn't want to move. I had no sitter and I didn't want to risk hitting myself in the head or something.

12:15 - I was sort of half awake at this point...VERY spaced out. I walked down the stairs to the first floor and looked outside. There were no visuals, but I was still pretty out of it. 2-3 minutes later I returned to reality.

For the next 30 minutes I was in a rather euphoric state, a little spaced out, but still aware of all my surroundings. Listening to music was extremely pleasurable. In about an hour, the effects were completely gone. Although I know for a FACT that I didn't go through the complete salvia experience, I was still amazed at how powerful the plant was. I was able to control whether or not I wanted to 'take off' into salvia-space, possibly because of the small dose I had taken. This drug is definitely weird, and I'm probably going to try it again, but maybe with a sitter and a larger dose of the 5x extract.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 1133