Shaman Women, Plant Medicine, & Psychedelics Salon
This event will examine different ways that power can be misused in ceremonies that use plants as sacraments, and practical steps that participants can take to protect themselves.
Vancouver Canada, Nov 14 - 15, 2014
Learning to Enjoy
Codeine, Kava, Diphenhydramine & St. Johnīs Wort
by Cityhunter
Citation:   Cityhunter. "Learning to Enjoy: An Experience with Codeine, Kava, Diphenhydramine & St. Johnīs Wort (ID 10834)". Erowid.org. Feb 24, 2007. erowid.org/exp/10834

DOSE: 90 mg oral Codeine (extract)
  50 mg oral Diphenhydramine (pill / tablet)
      St. John's Wort
  10 g oral Kava (tea)

Codeine 90 mg, diphenhydramin 50 mg, st. Johnīs wort and kava kava (10 gm tea)

For the past 6 months I have been experimenting with codeine at rather low doses. I am getting quite good at extracting it from tablets containing 10 mg codeine and 500 mg parasetamol (or acidaminophen as you call it), I think Iīm getting about 80-90% extracted and I have had to practice quite alot. I was in Greenland a few months ago and there you can buy painkillers with codeine without any trouble, as much as you like and very cheap. I never take acidaminophen if I have a headache, itīs to poisonus for my taste.

At first I didnīt feel much from the codeine taking 100-200 mg. I thought the extraction was not working. Now I think codeine is one of those drugs you have to know to enjoy, like Kava Kava. So be patient. I think I had to take it 20 or 30 times before I learned to enjoy it and even recognize it.

Last weekend I took about 90 mg of codeine and one tablet of diphenhydramine, I also drank some St. Johnīs Wort and Kava Kava tea. Diphenhydramine is a very potent drug and should not be taken in high doses but it has the power to potentiate opiads if taken in moderation. After about an hour I felt very sedatet, confortably numb you could say. I just sat in my living room and watched tv, the movie was Dracula 2001. I donīt really remember the film, it might be the effect of the diphenhydramine, but I felt very nice. My mouth was rather dry (probably the diphenhydranine) and when I looked in the mirror I had pinpoint pupils, I looked quite stoned. I took my bloodpressure and it was in the normal but quite alot lower than usual, my bloodpressure goes down when I take Kava Kava.

The next morning I woke up and felt quite good but rather lazy. A few weeks ago I had taken about 150 mg of codeine and then there was a blackout, I saw almost nothing because of my pinpoint pupils. I think codeine is nice but quite abusable. I plan to use it only once a week.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 10834