Donate During our Public Support Drive
Help Erowid reach a new high of 924 unique contributors in September! Support independent information about recreational drugs by donating today!

Donate by Bitcoin
Time Is All Around Us
Dronabinol
by p00kiethebear
Citation:   p00kiethebear. "Time Is All Around Us: An Experience with Dronabinol (ID 10761)". Erowid.org. Nov 24, 2001. erowid.org/exp/10761

DOSE: 25 mg oral Pharms - Dronabinol (capsule)

It was probably around 9:00 PM when I went downstairs to take my medication for the evening. My recent chemotherapy round had been especially nauseating and diphenhydramine was had not been working the best for controlling my vomiting. So my doctors prescribed dronabinol.

This had proven to be a very effective solution for the problem. Often, within 20 minutes of taking the pills my nausea would begin to subside. But I noticed, that after about 1 hour, my body would begin to buzz slightly when I wasn't moving.

'Score' I thought to myself. 'Maybe if I experiment with a little more I'll get a little more blazed?' So thatís just what I did.

After debating with myself on what to take these pills with (I eventually chose milk) I swallowed 5 of these little things (5 mg each. The prescribed dose by the pharmacy was 2 every 6 - 8 hours or as needed for nausea), capped the case, returned it to the fridge, and made my way back upstairs for some quiet reading (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban).

After about 20 minutes, as usual, my nausea was gone. As soon as I had reached the end of page 247 I noticed that my fingers seemed to be buzzing. no.. was it buzzing? I couldn't be sure. Maybe they were melting. 'Shit. They are melting' I said in a very matter of fact tone, and then stopped my thoughts and then began wondering if I had really said that. Or if I had ever really said anything in life. Then I realized where I was. I was in the universe. sitting on my bed. My mind began to wonder around the walls of the room. watching them. Then suddenly I decided to stand up. (about another 20 minutes have past now making total time about 1 hour after ingestion) yes, standing up made sense. 'I think Iíll go to the bathroom, I really do have to pee actually.'

While I was standing over the toilet leaking urine into the bowl my mind began wandering again. This time it wandered to the topic of scooby doo... 'scooby snacks' I exclaimed to myself in a scooby-like voice. I suddenly came back to reality and realized what I had just said and began to feel really stupid.

I came back to my room and lay down on the bed and looked up at the ceiling and almost instantly I realized that the world had now become inverted, the ceiling was the floor and the floor was the ceiling. 'oh shit' I thought to myself and gripped the bed sheets struggling to keep from falling up onto the floor.

Wait a minute. No, I was being stupid. 'Get ahold of yourself, youíre blazed as fuck boy' I kept trying to think to myself. But then I began to notice that my body was being absorbed by the bed. as if my entire body was melting and spreading all over the sheets. 'I know kung fu' I thought to myself. For some reason thatís all that was running through my mind, over and over again 'I know kung fu'.

I knew that I couldnít possibly be melting cause I looked at my hands and they seemed fine to me. What was I feeling? My mind raced, struggling to come up with an answer. And then it hit me. A total explanation. Time. Thatís what it was. Time is like a big blob of jello that the universe sits in. that we all sit in. I canít feel it. But Iím basically swimming through time. and now I was feeling time flow around my body, all over, I could feel it all over me. I closed my eyes and let myself get carried away through the river of time and space which now made complete sense. yes. the universe made sense. And now that I could pass through time, I could also travel around the universe. Couldnít I?

This theory all seemed to make perfect sense to me at the time. I experimented. I closed my eyes as tight as I could, hoping that when I opened them again I would have arrived in some mystical land far from where I was. They opened to find nothing new. but now my vision was blurred. Everything was moving funny and fuzzy. As if I were looking through a low quality webcam. And I was moving fast. Very fast. Everything was moving insanely fast. I closed my eyes and opened them again. Things had seemed to have slowed down. back to normal. no wait, not entirely normal, did the computer chair just move? no it couldnít have, could it? I began staring at the computer chair. waiting. waiting for it to move. waiting. and finally, it twitched. or did it?

I donlt remember anything after this. I fell asleep right about now and had a REALLY realistic dream about flying on broomsticks. Anyway. I REALLY enjoyed this trip, and hope to experiment with more than 25 mg in the future. Next time though I will keep some water nearby, preferably in a bottle with a sealable top because I got pretty shaky. Also some of my friends have experienced some SERIOUSLY irrational thought while on this (being scared of objects in the room is the most common one). Other trips Iíve had have also given my body the sensation of flying... however the body buzz, and the melting feeling are the most common.

Iíve begun to believe that theory about time being like a big thing of jello weíre all moving through.

Note: Other medications taken at the time are diphenhydramine in 50 mg dose and prednisone, a steroid used to increase the effects of chemotherapy treatments. Though I do not believe these played a part in the actual trip experience. Some people who use this find, that instead of reducing nausea, dronabinol actually increases it and can cause severe vomiting.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 10761