Caution : Reactions and experiences may vary dramatically from person to person. [see below]
EFFECTS LIST #
- euphoria, mood lift
- increased giggling and laughing
- dissociation of mind from body (positive when sought)
- creative dream-like experiences
- increased tactile sensation
- some users report empathic feelings, forgiveness, warm feelings towards others
- pupil dilation
- visual stop motion effect (flanging or strobing)
- visual and aural (auditory) hallucinations
- decreased sexual functioning (difficulty achieving orgasm)
- confusion, disorientation
- skin sensitivity, alters tactile (touch) and skin sensations
- robotic, zombie-like walking, "robo-walk"
- discoordination, reduced agility
- Loss of appetite
- Involuntary flexing of muscles
- Feelings of merging with adjacent objects like a couch or bed (with higher doses)
- upset stomach, vomiting
- body itching
- rash, red blotchy skin
- tachycardia (racing, pounding heart)
- some users report feeling disconnected, isolated from others
- some users report hangover/depression on the following 1-2 days.
Effects of DXM at low doses can be similar to alcohol, producing carefree clumsiness with a touch of psychedelic and speedy effect. For some, intense and rhythmic music induces a state of euphoria and dancing becomes fun. On a higher dose, imagination can become vividly experienced (not always pleasant), feelings of dissociation from the body can occur and on very high doses profound alterations in consciousness may occur.
- Avoid using DXM in combination with alcohol.
- READ THE LABEL - avoid using cold remedies which contain tylenol, CPM or other medications in combination with DXM. Make sure the product contains only DXM as the active ingredient.
- DXM use in combination with other OTC cold remedies can increase risk of adverse reaction.
CAUTION & DISCLAIMER #
Erowid's effects information is a summary of data gathered from users, research, and other resources. This information is intended to describe the range of effects people report experiencing. Effects may vary dramatically from one person to another or one experience to another based on a variety of factors such as body chemistry, age, gender, physical health, dose, form of material, etc.